NextCycle Colorado, a system intended to enhance producing solutions for recycled or recovered written content in Colorado, will host a pitch competition on Wednesday, June 22, 2022 from 5:00 to 8:00 p.m. at eTown Hall in Boulder, Colorado. Through the competitiveness, enterprises searching for to link with non-public buyers will pitch progressive concepts from diverting plastic squander into new uncooked resources, to imaginative uses of compost and scrap tires.
The level of competition is the end result of NextCycle Colorado programming, which pursues inventive tips to improve recycling and composting stop marketplaces — corporations that manufacture new items from recycled components. This year’s event will showcase nine groups that expended the previous four months receiving mentorship from industry leaders, subject matter matter authorities, and technical help from Useful resource Recycling Methods.
“This is an remarkable time for recycling in Colorado, as we’re placing progressive efforts in motion that have the possible to really transfer the needle and boost recycling costs statewide,” mentioned Jill Hunsaker Ryan, govt director of the Colorado Division of Community Wellbeing and Setting. “NextCycle has helped foster vital innovations from nearby firms, and I look ahead to the innovative answers these hottest teams provide to Colorado.”
“By investing time and assets into the teams, NextCycle Colorado creates more powerful recycling businesses for the condition,” mentioned Kendra Appelman-Eastvedt, Recycling Grants Supervisor at CDPHE. “These organizations will develop new jobs, items, and services, and most importantly continue on the momentum toward our intention of recycling more in Colorado.”
The NextCycle system selects new and growing companies and businesses by means of a competitive application process, and delivers value by connecting groups to means and expertise necessary to get to a point where by they are completely ready to obtain investments and carry out their concepts. NextCycle teams have been awarded in excess of $1.5 million in Recycling Methods Financial Opportunity program grants from CDPHE due to the fact the program’s inception in 2018.
The teams that will be showcased 2022 pitch level of competition contain:
- An early-phase staff consisting of Countrywide Renewable Vitality Laboratory scientists Kevin Sullivan and Mikhail Konev, who are acquiring a new technological know-how to change plastic squander into usable raw supplies for production.
- Colorado Earth, based mostly in Golden, is a neighborhood maker of sustainable constructing elements made from leftover and squander quarry elements and other recycled components.
- Compost Queen has a hyperlocal compost operation in Fort Collins. They associate with location farms to compost household foods squander through hauling and processing, and also offer academic expert services to the group.
- Delta Brick and Climate Firm, positioned in Montrose, takes advantage of sediment from the Paonia River and recycled glass to make green setting up products for Colorado’s growing inhabitants.
- Docupots produces 100% recyclable and compostable seedling pots from post-customer recycled paper in Sterling.
- Elements Mountain Compost is a rural composting procedure in Salida. They divert and process organic and natural elements for citizens and businesses.
- RepEATer is a reusable container supplier dependent in Boulder that associates with places to eat and food stuff shipping and delivery expert services to lower waste and expenses.
- T2GR (Tires To Environmentally friendly Recycling), centered in Hudson, transforms scrap tires into rubber for athletic fields, molding, and other utilizes.
- Trash Panda develops modern merchandise in Aurora with 100% recycled plastics in the quickly rising activity of disc golfing.
“Colorado NextCycle supports organizations and companies at every single amount,” mentioned Juri Freeman, Handling Principal at Useful resource Recycling Programs. “The condition has enormous entrepreneurial expertise, and the Pitch Competition is the prospect to elevate the teams and take their organizations to the upcoming level.”